Moisture Encounter Plus
The MEP Moisture Encounter Plus is a non-destructive overall building inspection moisture meter which has applications for numerous industries. It has many unique features that make moisture measurement and evaluation fast, precise and versatile. The MEP Moisture Encounter Plus detects and evaluates moisture conditions within various building materials by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The MEP determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value, displaying it on a large clear analog dial. Use for locating moisture related problems within and behind a variety of building materials in the building envelope. Mapping the extent of moisture damage caused to buildings. Monitoring progressive drying conditions in the drying process of building materials and surfaces.
- Wide range of readings for wood from 5% to 30%.
- Deep signal penetration to over 1" into the materials being tested without the need to damage the surface.Signal penetration depends on material being tested and meter setting.
- Three ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber / Drywall & Roofing / Plaster & Brick – making it ideal for testing moisture conditions in various building materials.
- Detects moisture through paint, wall coatings, drywall, ceramic tiles, floor coverings, wood, roof coverings and ceiling tiles.
- High moisture audio warning tone.
Stone, Drywall, Wood, Plaster, Brick, Tile, Resilient Flooring, Laminates, Roofing.
- Weight: 7.7 oz
- Size: 6" x 3.5" x 1.5"
- Construction: ABS Body Power: 9 Volt PP3 Battery
- Display: Analog
- Depth Of Penetration: Up to 1.5" (30 mm)
|Used For Surface(s)|